January 30, 2023
The College evaluates the credentials of individuals who are applying for registration to practice as audiologists or speech-language pathologists in Ontario.
Information in this section provides details on how to become an audiologist or speech-language pathologist in the province of Ontario. Learn more about entry to practice, registration requirements, application timelines, fees and more through CASLPO's website navigation.
Please let your universities and other institutions know that CASLPO is not accepting couriers or hand-delivered packages. If they choose to mail your documents, they must use regular mail.
Attention applicants educated internationally
Changes are coming on March 12, 2023 to CASLPO’s academic registration requirements.
These changes will harmonize CASLPO’s academic requirements with the academic requirements of other regulated provinces across Canada.
Please see the 2 charts linked below for the academic requirements for applications received before or after the change.
In the coming weeks 2 separate application forms will be posted on CASLPO’s website for:
6 important things you need to know about the implementation of these changes:
1. To be evaluated against the current academic requirements, a complete* application must be received electronically by CASLPO staff (or postmarked for mail) by March 11, 2023, by 11:59 pm EST.
*A complete application includes all of the documents that are required. This includes documents delivered to us by third party organizations. Please refer to this linked chart for the list of documents required for a complete application.
2. If any required document is received after 11:59 pm EST on March 11, 2023, the application will be evaluated based on the new academic requirements.
3. You must have completed your clinical master’s degree in Audiology or Speech-Language Pathology before you submit your application.
4. We will be posting the different application forms to illustrate the different requirements. Please note that the application forms submitted by an applicant do not determine which academic requirements an application will be evaluated against. The date and time at which the final application document is received by the College will determine which academic requirements will be used to evaluate the application.
5. Note: Courier and hand-delivered packages cannot be received at the College Please use regular mail, Xpresspost, or registered mail to deliver your packages.
Please let any institution sending your documents know about this restriction.
6. No exceptions will be made to the timing indicated above. Please plan appropriately.
Not getting any emails from us? Check your spam/junk folder and add @caslpo.com to your safe sender list.