Providing Patient Care in a Pandemic
Please consult this page and CASLPO’s COVID-19 Information Page regularly for the latest information and for revisions to the Pandemic Practice Advice documents.
When you are seeing patients in-person, please follow the advice in these Pandemic Practice Advice documents. Always weigh the risk of seeing patients in-person and the transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
As COVID-19 evolves, the provincial and federal government continue to update their resources. We encourage you to also regularly review the websites of the Ministry of Health and Public Health Ontario (PHO) for the most accurate, up-to-date information.
Pandemic Practice Advice Topics
- General Infection Prevention and Control (Revised March 14, 2022)
- Point of Care Risk Assessment (Revised March 14, 2022)
- COVID-19 Screening (Revised September 10, 2021)
- Personal Protective Equipment including the Ministry's PPE Supplier Directory (Revised July 6, 2021)
- Physical Distance in the Clinic and Community (Revoked March 14, 2022)
- Combined In-Person and Virtual Care (Revised March 14, 2022)
- Office and Clinic Cleaning (Revised March 14, 2022)
- Equipment and Materials Cleaning (Revised March 14, 2022)
- Sound Booth Cleaning (Revised March 14, 2022)
- Flow Chart - Preparing for Restart of Services, Employers, Clinics and Business Owners (Revoked March 21,2021)
- Flow Chart - Providing Patient Care in a Pandemic: In-person or Virtual (Revised March 21, 2022)
Questions and Answers (FAQs)
Signs and Poster Links
CASLPO COVID-19 E-Forums
COVID-19 Town Hall (May 28, 2020)
Audiology Practice in a Pandemic (June 23, 2020)
Speech-Language Pathology Practice in a Pandemic (June 25, 2020)
SLP and Audiology Services in Schools (August 27, 2020)