As COVID-19 evolves, the provincial and federal government continue to update their resources. We encourage you to regularly review the websites of the Ministry of Health and Public Health Ontario (PHO) for the most accurate, up-to-date information. Please see the links below.
For the Public
Ministry of Health dedicated COVID-19 web page. This site is updated every day and provides information about out how to protect yourself, what to do if you’re sick after you travel and how to recognize possible symptoms.
Public inquiries should be directed to Telehealth Ontario at 1.866.797.0000 or the local public health agency.
Reference Document for Symptoms (August 31, 2022, Version 15)
For additional resources, visit CASLPO’s website, Practice Advice, and the External Links page.
Toronto's CAMH has assembled information to help people with concerns and questions about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on their lives and mental well-being.
They also have Mental Health and COVID-19 Resources for Health Care Workers during COVID-19
For Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists
Providing Patient Care in a Pandemic - Access Pandemic Practice Advice Topics and more
Missing important emails? Update your email address in CASLPO's 'Registrant Portal'.
- Update - Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 Changes (March 15, 2022)
- CASLPO Guidance and FAQs - Ministry of Health Lifting of Directives (March 21, 2022)
- MOH and CMOH Lift Most Masking Requirements on June 11 (June 10, 2022)
Updates from the Ministry
Ministry of Health dedicated website for the health workers and health employers regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Living With and Managing COVID-19 - Technical Media Briefing - March 9, 2022
- Directive #1 for Health Care Providers and Health Care Entities (Revoked June 11, 2022)
- Directive #2 for Health Care Providers and Health Care Entities (Revoked February 10, 2022)
- Directive #2 Revoked - Questions and Answers (Revoked June 11, 2022)
- Directive #2.1 for Health Care Providers-System Coordination (Revoked June 11, 2022)
- Directive #3 for Health Care Providers and Health Care Entities LTC Homes (Revoked June 11, 2022)
- Directive #4 for Ambulance Services and Paramedics (Revoked June 11, 2022)
- Directive #5 for PPE in Hospitals and LTC Homes 2 (Revoked June 11, 2022)
- Directive #5 - Questions and Answers (Revoked June 11, 2022)
- Directive #6 for Public Hospitals within the meaning of the Public Hospitals Act, Service Providers in accordance with the Home Care and Community Services Act, 1994 - (REVOKED Effective March 14, 2022)
- COVID-19 Guidance: Long-Term Care Homes and Retirement Homes for Public Health (Feburary 3, 2022) REVISED
- Guidance - Primary Care Providers in a Community Setting (Version 8 July 28,2021) REVISED
- Guidance - Home and Community Care Providers (May 4, 2020 Version 4)
- Guidance - Patient Screening (June 11, 2020 Version 4) REVISED
- Guidance - Workplace Outbreaks (June 11, 2020 Version 1)
- Emergency Order – Limiting Work to a Single Long-Term Care Home (April 15, 2020)
- Emergency Order – Amendment – Work Deployment Long-Term Care Homes (April 15, 2020)
- Emergency Order–Work Deployment Measures for Service Agencies – Residential Services and Crisis Lines (April 15, 2020)
- Emergency Order-Deployment of Employees of Service Provider Organizations (April 16, 2020)
- Reference Document for Symptoms (May 25, 2020 Version 5)
- MOH Operational Requirements for Health Sector Restart (June 15, 2020, Version 2) REVISED
- Guide to Re-Opening Ontario Schools; Ministry of Education (August 26, 2020)
- MOH COVID-19 Directive #5: Questions and Answers (Version 1 October 8, 2020)
- Ontario News Release - Announces Provincewide Shutdown to Stop Spread of COVID-19 and Save Lives (December 21, 2020)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario Releases Ethical Framework for COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution (December 30, 2020)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario Extends Teacher-Led Online Learning Until January 25 to Keep Students and Staff Safe in Southern Ontario (January 7, 2021)
- Guidance - MOH - Guidance for Prioritizing Health Care Workers for COVID19 Vaccination (Version 2.0, February 9, 2021)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario Declares Second Provincial Emergency to Address COVID-19 Crisis and Save Lives (January 12, 2021)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario to Vaccinate up to 8.5 Million People in Phase Two (January 13, 2021)
- Ontario Message/Global Situation – AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine and Thromboembolic events (March 16, 2021)
- MOH Guidance for Prioritization of Phase 2 Populations for COVID-19 Vaccination (Version 1.1, March 23, 2021)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario Implements Provincewide Emergency Brake (April 1, 2021)
- MOH COVID-19 Vaccine Information Sheet (Version 5.0 - April 1, 2021)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario Supporting Health System Response During Third Wave of COVID-19 (April 9, 2021)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario Mandates Immunization Policies for Long-Term Care Homes (May 21, 2021)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario Updates Testing Requirements at Long-Term Care Homes (July 14, 2021)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario to Require Proof of Vaccination in Select Settings (September 1, 2021)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario Releasing Guidance to Support Proof of Vaccination Policy (September 14, 2021)
- Ontario News Release - COVID-19 Vaccine Bookings to Open For All Children Aged Five to 11 (November 22, 2021)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario Taking Action to Protect Against Omicron Variant (December 10, 2021)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario Taking Further Action to Protect Long-Term Care and Retirement Homes (December 14, 2021)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario Extending Call to Arms to Businesses, Volunteers and Retired Health Professionals (December 22, 2021)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario Temporarily Moving to Modified Step Two of the Roadmap to Reopen (January 3, 2022)
- Ontario News Release - Masking Requirements Continue in Select Indoor Settings (April 22, 2022)
- MOH – Class Order – Continuation of Masking after April 27, 2022 (April 27, 2022)
- CMOH - Memo – Continued Mask and Face Covering Requirements in Certain Settings beyond April 27, 2022 (April 22, 2022)
Health Workforce Matching Portal (Formerly COVID-19 Health Care Provider Recruitment)
If you are interested, please register with Ontario's Health Workforce Matching Portal
. If you are selected, you will be contacted directly by the Ontario Government. They will provide further direction. CASLPO is not involved in selecting and deploying health professionals.
Healthcare Provider Hotline and Information Line
Health sector professionals and organizations can call the Healthcare Provider Hotline for policy guidance related to COVID-19, urgent situations and information on Ministry programs: 1-866-212-2272 (toll free). Please be aware, the Hotline is unable to provide clinical advice regarding the management of cases.
Health sector professionals and organizations can call the "Stop The Spread" Business Information Line at: 1-888-444-3659 for advice on essential and non-essential services in the province.
Updates from Government of Canada:
Archived CASLPO Group Emails