Providing Patient Care in a Pandemic
Please consult this page and CASLPO’s COVID-19 Information Page regularly for the latest information and for potential revisions to the Pandemic Practice Advice documents.
Always weigh the risk of transmitting the COVID-19 virus with seeing patients in-person. If the patient care is non-essential, consider providing services virtually or postponing the service. If you are seeing the patient in-person because their needs are essential or urgent, please follow the advice in these Pandemic Practice Advice documents.
Pandemic Practice Advice Topics
- General Infection Prevention and Control
- Point of Care Risk Assessment
- COVID-19 Screening
- Personal Protective Equipment including the Ministry's PPE Supplier Directory
- Physical Distance in the Clinic and Community
- Additional and Continued Virtual Care
- Office and Clinic Cleaning
- Equipment and Materials Cleaning
- Assessment and Treatment Adaptations