As COVID-19 evolves, the provincial and federal government continue to update their resources. We encourage you to regularly review the websites of the Ministry of Health and Public Health Ontario (PHO) for the most accurate, up-to-date information. Please see the links below.
For the Public
Where you can learn how the Ministry of Health is preparing for the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Ontario.
Ministry of Health dedicated COVID-19 web page. This site is updated every day and provides information about out how to protect yourself, what to do if you’re sick after you travel and how to recognize possible symptoms.
- Public Health Ontario
- Public Health Ontario COVID-19 Public Resources (available in multiple languages)
- How to Self-Monitor
- How to Self-Isolate
- Self-isolation: Guide for caregivers, household members and close contacts
- Public Health Ontario Hand Hygiene
- Public Health Agency of Canada
Reference Document for Symptoms (September 21, 2021 Version 7.0)
Toronto's CAMH has assembled information to help people with concerns and questions about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on their lives and mental well-being.
For Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists - Frequently Referenced CASLPO Email Communications
Missing important emails? Update your email address in CASLPO's 'Registrant Portal'.
- Further Guidance Related to Telepractice - Sent March 26, 2020
- Ontario Launches Online Workforce Matching Portal (Sent April 9, 2020)
- MOH EOC Released Advisory - Cyber Security Advisory - Zoom (Sent April 10, 2020)
- Emergency Order-Deployment of Employees of Service Provider Organizations (Sent April 21, 2020)
- Professional Liability Insurance Coverage During the Pandemic (Sent June 16, 2020)
- Ontario COVID-19 Lockdown Update (sent November 24, 2020)
- Healthcare Services Remain Open During Ontario COVID-19 Shutdown (December 22, 2020)
- Ontario News Release - Declares Second Provincial Emergency to Address COVID-19 Crisis (January 12, 2021)
- Ontario Government Announces Vaccination Timelines and the Role of Health Care Professionals (January 13, 2021)
- Updated Ministry of Health Guidance for Vaccine Prioritization (February 18, 2021)
Updates from the Ministry
Ministry of Health dedicated website for the health workers and health employers regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Directive #1 for Health Care Providers and Health Care Entities (Revised March 30, 2020)
- Directive #2 for Health Care Providers and Health Care Entities (Revised May 26, 2020)
- Directive #3 for Health Care Providers and Health Care Entities LTC Homes (Revised October 14, 2020)
- Directive #4 for Ambulance Services and Paramedics (Revised March 30, 2020)
- Directive #5 for PPE in Hospitals and LTC Homes (Revised October 8, 2020)
- Guidance - Outbreak Guidance for Long Term Care Homes (April 15, 2020)
- Guidance - Primary Care Providers in a Community Setting (Version 5 May 22, 2020)
- Guidance - Home and Community Care Providers (May 4, 2020 Version 4)
- Guidance - Patient Screening (June 11, 2020 Version 4) REVISED
- Guidance - Workplace Outbreaks (June 11, 2020 Version 1)
- Emergency Order – Limiting Work to a Single Long-Term Care Home (April 15, 2020)
- Emergency Order – Amendment – Work Deployment Long-Term Care Homes (April 15, 2020)
- Emergency Order–Work Deployment Measures for Service Agencies – Residential Services and Crisis Lines (April 15, 2020)
- Emergency Order-Deployment of Employees of Service Provider Organizations (April 16, 2020)
- Reference Document for Symptoms (May 25, 2020 Version 5)
- MOH Operational Requirements for Health Sector Restart (June 15, 2020, Version 2) REVISED
- Guide to Re-Opening Ontario Schools; Ministry of Education (August 26, 2020)
- MOH COVID-19 Directive #5: Questions and Answers (Version 1 October 8, 2020)
- Ontario COVID-19 Response Framework: Keeping Ontario Safe and Open (November 17, 2020)
- Ontario News Release - Announces Provincewide Shutdown to Stop Spread of COVID-19 and Save Lives (December 21, 2020)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario Releases Ethical Framework for COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution (December 30, 2020)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario Extends Teacher-Led Online Learning Until January 25 to Keep Students and Staff Safe in Southern Ontario (January 7, 2021)
- Guidance - MOH - Guidance for Prioritizing Health Care Workers for COVID19 Vaccination (Version 2.0, February 9, 2021)
- Ontario News Release - Ontario Declares Second Provincial Emergency to Address COVID-19 Crisis and Save Lives (January 12, 2021)
Health Workforce Matching Portal (Formerly COVID-19 Health Care Provider Recruitment)
Ontario is seeking those with experience in providing health care to help provincial efforts to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19. The Ministry of Health is looking for: health care providers who may be working part-time and want to and are able to increase their work hours, former health care providers who are retired and are prepared to return to employment, or anyone who is inactive with their regulatory college or registered but not currently employed.
If you are interested, please register with Ontario's Health Workforce Matching Portal. If you are selected, you will be contacted directly by the Ontario Government. They will provide further direction. CASLPO is not involved in selecting and deploying health professionals.
- Training Guide - Provides instructions to assist providers in accessing the tool and account creation
- Information on where to get assistance with the portal - Health Care Providers and Organizations
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions - for both Health Care Providers and Organizations
Healthcare Provider Hotline and Information Line
Health sector professionals and organizations can call the Healthcare Provider Hotline for policy guidance related to COVID-19, urgent situations and information on Ministry programs: 1-866-212-2272 (toll free). Please be aware, the Hotline is unable to provide clinical advice regarding the management of cases.
Health sector professionals and organizations can call the "Stop The Spread" Business Information Line at: 1-888-444-3659 for advice on essential and non-essential services in the province.
Updates from Government of Canada:
- Federal Government is Providing Daily Updates on the status of COVID-19 in Canada
- Canada's Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
- Know the Difference: Self Monitoring, self-isolation and isolation for COVID-19
- People with Disabilities in Canada
- COVID Alert is Canada's free exposure notification app