As COVID-19 evolves, the provincial and federal government continue to update their resources. We encourage you to regularly review the websites of the Ministry of Health and Public Health Ontario (PHO) for the most accurate, up-to-date information. Please see the links below.
For Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists
Updates from CASLPO
Missing important emails? Update your email address in CASLPO's 'Registrant Portal'.
- COVID-19 Response Update Sent March 17, 2020
- CMOH Directive and Memo - 2 Updates - COVID-19 Sent March 20, 2020
- Essential and Non Essential Services - March 20, 2020
- Coronavirus Update - CASLPO COVID-19 Web Page, CMOH Directive, MOH - Sent March 23, 2020
- List of Essential Workplaces - Government of Ontario - Sent March 24, 2020
- Further Guidance Related to Telepractice - Sent March 26, 2020
- High Risk Areas Of Practice For Registrants - Sent March 27, 2020
- Minister's Order - Personal Protective Equipment - Sent April 1, 2020
- Stay Safe Keep Informed-CASLPO's COVID-19 Page-MOH Recruitment (Sent April 2, 2020)
- Ontario Launches Online Workforce Matching Portal (Sent April 9, 2020)
- MOH EOC Released Advisory - Cyber Security Advisory - Zoom (Sent April 10, 2020)
- MOH Safety of Patients and all Health Care Providers - Guidance - LTCH (Sent April 16, 2020)
- Emergency Order-Deployment of Employees of Service Provider Organizations (Sent April 21, 2020)
- MOH Guidance - Primary Care Providers in a Community Setting (Sent April 28, 2020)
- MOH Guidance - Home and Community Care and Hospice Care (Sent May 5, 2020)
- Update - Extension of Emergency Orders and Non-Essential Workplaces (Sent May 7, 2020)
- Update - CASLPO COVID-19 Town Hall - (Sent May 14, 2020)
- Clarification - Ontario Announcement - Phase 1 Reopening (Sent May 14, 2020)
- Pandemic Practice Advice for Audiologists and SLPs (Sent May 19, 2020)
- Extended Invitation to Attend - CASLPO Town Hall - COVID-19 (Sent May 21, 2020)
- MOH Update - Directive 3 for Long-Term Care Homes (Sent May 22, 2020)
- Update - Information on Two COVID-19 Pandemic Topics (Sent May 25, 2020)
FAQs - AUD & SLP Services - COVID-19
- FAQ Telepractice and Audiology Office/Clinics and COVID-19 (April 6, 2020)
- FAQ Redeployment and COVID-19 (April 14, 2020)
- FAQ For Audiologists - COVID-19 (April 28, 2020)
Signage for health care settings (available in multiple languages)
Toronto's CAMH has assembled information to help people with concerns and questions about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on their lives and mental well-being.
Please continue to check web pages and CASLPO group emails for updates. This is a good reminder to all audiologists and speech-language pathologists to follow infection prevention best practices. If you have any questions about infection prevention, contact the infection prevention and control department at your workplace, or call CASLPO’s Practice Advisors at 416 975-5347 (800 993-9459).
Updates from the Ministry
Ministry of Health dedicated website for the health workers and health employers regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Directive #1 for Health Care Providers and Health Care Entities (Revised March 30, 2020)
- Directive #2 for Health Care Providers and Health Care Entities (March 19, 2020)
- Directive #3 for Health Care Providers and Health Care Entities LTC Homes (Revised May 23, 2020)
- Directive #4 for Ambulance Services and Paramedics (Revised March 30, 2020)
- Directive #5 for PPE in Hospitals and LTC Homes (Revised April 10, 2020)
- Memo - Re: Health Worker Illness and Return to Work (March 19 2020)
- Memo -OH MOH CMOH Re: Preparations and Actions (March 25, 2020)
- Memo - OH MOH CMOH Re: Additional Direction on Testing Strategy (May 24, 2020)
- Closure Non Essential Businesses in Ontario (March 25, 2020)
- Minister's Order- Requirement to Provide Information Respecting Supplies of PPE (March 27, 2020)
- Guidance - Long Term Care Homes (April 1, 2020)
- Guidance - Group Homes and Co-Living Settings (April 1, 2020)
- Guidance - Long Term Care Homes (April 15, 2020)
- Guidance for Mask Use in Long Term Care Homes and Retirement Homes (April 15, 2020)
- Guidance - Outbreak Guidance for Long Term Care Homes (April 15, 2020)
- Guidance - Primary Care Providers in a Community Setting (Version 5 May 22, 2020)
- Guidance - Home and Community Care Providers (May 4, 2020 Version 4)
- Guidance - Hospice Care (May 4, 2020 Version 1)
- Guidance - Acute Care (May 10, 2020 Version 4)
- Guidance - Patient Screening (May 17, 2020 Version 3)
- Emergency Order – Limiting Work to a Single Long-Term Care Home (April 15, 2020)
- Emergency Order – Amendment – Work Deployment Long-Term Care Homes (April 15, 2020)
- Emergency Order–Work Deployment Measures for Service Agencies – Residential Services and Crisis Lines (April 15, 2020)
- Emergency Order-Deployment of Employees of Service Provider Organizations (April 16, 2020)
- Ontario News Release - Declaration of Emergency Extended While Ontario Gradually Reopens the Economy (May 12, 2020)
- Reference Document for Symptoms (May 25, 2020 Version 5)
Health Workforce Matching Portal (Formerly COVID-19 Health Care Provider Recruitment)
Ontario is seeking those with experience in providing health care to help provincial efforts to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19. The Ministry of Health is looking for: health care providers who may be working part-time and want to and are able to increase their work hours, former health care providers who are retired and are prepared to return to employment, or anyone who is inactive with their regulatory college or registered but not currently employed.
If you are interested, please register with Ontario's Health Workforce Matching Portal. If you are selected, you will be contacted directly by the Ontario Government. They will provide further direction. CASLPO is not involved in selecting and deploying health professionals.
- Training Guide - Provides instructions to assist providers in accessing the tool and account creation
- Information on where to get assistance with the portal - Health Care Providers and Organizations
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions - for both Health Care Providers and Organizations
Healthcare Provider Hotline and Information Line
Health sector professionals and organizations can call the Healthcare Provider Hotline for policy guidance related to COVID-19, urgent situations and information on Ministry programs: 1-866-212-2272 (toll free). Please be aware, the Hotline is unable to provide clinical advice regarding the management of cases.
Health sector professionals and organizations can call the "Stop The Spread" Business Information Line at: 1-888-444-3659 for advice on essential and non-essential services in the province.
Updates from Government of Canada:
- Federal Government is Providing Daily Updates on the status of COVID-19 in Canada
- Canada's Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
- Know the Difference: Self Monitoring, self-isolation and isolation for COVID-19
- People with Disabilities in Canada
For the Public
Where you can learn how the Ministry of Health is preparing for the novel coronavirus in Ontario.
Ministry of Health dedicated COVID-19 web page. This site is updated at 10:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. every day and provides information about out how to protect yourself, what to do if you’re sick after you travel and how to recognize possible symptoms.
- Public Health Ontario
- Public Health Ontario COVID-19 Public Resources (available in multiple languages)
- How to Self-Monitor
- How to Self-Isolate
- Self-isolation: Guide for caregivers, household members and close contacts
- Public Health Ontario Hand Hygiene
- Public Health Agency of Canada