Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
This page is where the College will post resources concerning the fundamental importance of “Cultural Diversity and Inclusion” and ongoing efforts to combat racism and discrimination. Registrants can read, reflect on and respond as appropriate. We also welcome your suggestions regarding resources. Please forward your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is more that we can do together. This is a shared responsibility. We are planning an E-Forum to review the College’s professional Code of Ethics and the Guide for Service Delivery Across Diverse Cultures. Please watch for further information.
CASLPO Statement On Anti-Racism And The Provision Of Ethical Care
The College acknowledges the existence of discrimination, including systemic racism in the Province of Ontario, and that it must be addressed by government and all of us working together. The importance of this acknowledgement and recognition has been highlighted in recent weeks by the Black Lives Matter movement in the United States and globally. It is therefore crucial for us to recognize the need to maintain focus on this important issue to enable us to do our part and contribute to making change happen.
- Access the full statement
- CASLPO By-Law #7 (Code of Ethics) for the registrants of the College
- CASLPO Culturally Appropriate Intervention Standard
- CASLPO Guide for Service Delivery Across Diverse Cultures
- The Ontario Human Rights Commission
- Ontario Human Rights Code
- Policy and Guidelines on Racism and Racial Discrimination
- Workplace Policies, Practices and Decision-Making Processes and Systemic Discrimination
- Call it Out: Racism, Racial Discrimination and Human Rights
- Canadian Institute of Diversity and Inclusion – Toolkits and Resources
- Canadian Institute of Diversity and Inclusion – Research Reports
- Statistics Canada- Gender Diversity and Inclusion Statistics
- Canadian Race Relations Foundation Webinars
Ontario News Releases and statements
- Ontario Helping to Protect Communities against Racism and Hate (July 28, 2020)
- Ontario Commemorates 25th Anniversary Ipperwash Park Tragedy (Sept. 6, 2020)
- Ontario Public Service Launches Third-Party Review of Inclusive Workplace Policies and Programs (Sept. 17, 2020)
- Ontario Statement - Ontario Honours Survivors of Residential School System (Sept. 30, 2020)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Officer – Preeya Singh
Your questions or ideas you have in terms of effecting positive change in the area of DEI are welcome. Please contact Preeya at email@example.com.