The College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO) exists for the protection of the public’s right to safe, high-quality health care through self-regulation of the audiology and speech-language pathology professions.
The Council is CASLPO’s governing body and its role is to serve the public interest by overseeing the regulation of the practice of audiologists (AUDs) and speech-language pathologists (SLPs). The Council also establishes CASLPO’s strategic direction and the outcomes that will lead self-regulation forward in the interest of public safety.
The College provides the public with the information needed to stay up-to-date on regulatory matters from a patient’s perspective.
We invite the public to view every section of our website. The public section is designed to enable visitors to make informed decisions about their choice of health care professionals.
We are hopeful visitors will come away with an increased understanding of:
- the College’s mandate;
- how the system of self-regulation works, and;
- how regulated members, held to high standards and ethics, are accountable.
Included is information about:
- the College;
- the professions of audiology and speech-language pathology;
- a link directly to the “Public Register - Find A Practitioner”;
- an explanation of the importance of using a regulated health professional;
- Fair Registration practice reports;
- how to file a complaint, and
- information about any upcoming discipline hearings.