Practice Advice is an important service CASLPO provides to the membership. Members benefit from the one on one conversations and advice to help meet standards of practice thereby protecting the public. Dedicated staff answer questions in English and French about legislation, regulations, standards of practice and College expectations and how they apply to different areas of professional practice.
CASLPO does not provide legal advice. Also Practice Advice is provided in response to specific inquiries and may not be relevant in all circumstances. Finally, the Practice Advice Program is intended to support but not replace professional judgment.
Alexandra Carling, Director of Professional Practice and Quality Assurance
Sarah Chapman-Jay, Speech Language Pathology Practice Advisor; English-language
Samidha Joglekar, Audiology Advisor and Manager of Mentorship; English/French Language
416-975-5347 ext. 220
David Beattie, Speech Language Pathology Practice Advisor, French-language
Please review the articles below to help answer any questions you might have.
- Capacity to Make Admission Decisions to Long-Term Care
- La capacité de prendre des décisions relatives à l’admission (placement)
- Practicing Securely in an Insecure World
- Comment exercer de façon sécuritaire dans un monde qui n’est pas toujours sécuritaire
- Substitute Decision Makers’ Rights
- Travailler efficacement avec les mandataires spéciaux : loi et consentement